Sunday, August 24, 2008

Eatin' Sleepin' & Movin'






The title may sound like we've been up to the same ole thing, but things are quite exciting around here. Matt and I heard so many times...oh, you just wait until he is moving...as if it was the kiss of death. To the contrary, we are having so much fun. Caleb moves quite fast even though he is still on his tummy. He uses everything to pull up and has a few bruises to prove it. He still says ma ma, have heard a few daddy's, and humored us one night during peek-a-boo with an "a-boo" in return. His favorite is to yell "ahhhh" and will repeat back and forth with us.

Bath time is his favorite thing of the day. Do you know the game in the picture? It's called stand up, plop down to make a big splash, and repeat over and over until your little legs can't hold you anymore.

As far as eating...after months of protest, we have reconsidered. Apparently, applesauce can now make anything better. So far we have choked down peas, green beans, and squash. To our surprise he actually enjoyed a lemon we recently gave him at a restaurant. We continue to gag and spit everything back up but have discovered our favorite is watermelon and cantaloupe. I don't know what is better, the taste or getting to feed himself. It probably also feels good on his lone bottom tooth which we have lovingly named nubby.

I have been back at work for three weeks. I have focused on the positive, feel blessed to work at a job I enjoy enough to walk out the door from my favorite boys in the morning, and anticipate all day a great big smile when I come home. With so much more excitement around our house, we have crashed pretty hard at night. I don't think I've gotten this many cute sleeping pictures of Caleb since he was really little. Caleb is having a lot of fun with Daddy at home and aspires to be just like him. So right now, the 'same ole thing' is the highlight of my day.