


T

his blog post is in memory of a very special woman, my mother. Much of my personality is a direct result of her. If told "you act just like your mother," my reply would be "thank you." Quiet strength, optimistic heart, genuine enthusiasm, calm words, humor a little on the silly side, sharp as a tack with endless vocabulary, made smallest occurrences the biggest of celebrations...wow I could go on. She was full of sayings that I cling to even to this day..."a place for everything and everything in its place" showed me how serene a home can be, "to each his own" teaches me to listen but hold true to my beliefs. "Speak non of what you hear and only half of what you see" and "If you can't say anything nice, bite your tongue...it will only hurt for a minute but words can never be taken back" reminds me that gossip only shallows a person- these are neither my words to say nor makes me a better person for putting my nose where it doesn't belong and challenges me to think carefully before speaking. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" helps me understand that no matter what plans you make to always appreciate and make the best of the unexpected situation, "boredom is admitting you are too dumb to find something to do" keeps me from idleness, and "cherish the little things" helps me find joy in the tiniest details of the day." "Take your 5 minutes to cry then figure out what's next" and "first time shame on them second time shame on you" reminds me that it's alright to mess up or be down but wallowing in sorrows will neither improve the situation nor help me learn from it to keep from repeating. She wanted to be called mommy because there were only two in this world who could and it is the proudest job she had. I hope one day Caleb can also sit in a silent room with me knowing he has my undivided attention or on a porch swing watching the miracle of a storm light up the sky without even having to say a word and reassured in this comfortable silence of how my heart overflows with love for him. I hope he too is inundated with unforgettable memories and positively influenced as I have been when he reflects through his mother's eyes. How blessed I am to have had such a wonderful person in my life remembering her everyday especially today.
1 comment:
Very precious. Thanks for sharing your heart, Christy. I'm sure you miss her tremendously!!
Post a Comment