Monday, January 9, 2012

Game On!

Friday we all wore our red for the last football game of the season. Before the Cotton Bowl, we headed to the park to play in the beautiful weather. I had to keep reminding myself it's January!

Look at this happy girl!








We tailgated at home with hotdogs, wings and lots of silliness. 



Emma Katherine cheered from her new beanbag  chair. 
Both kiddos fought to stay awake but quickly succumbed to sleep.


The few days before heading back to school were busy ones. I froze twenty meals minus one that never made the fridge and was eaten that night. Here are most of them before going in. It was actually much easier than I thought and only took two days work of nap times. Anything to lessen some stress during the week sounds great. My frugalness also came out in a new venture. I made laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, lotion and a few other things. When I figured out how much money we're saving, I couldn't believe I haven't done this sooner!
Emma Katherine has been a funny girl lately. She loves to carry around this booster seat and try to "bo-ko" (buckle) it herself. 
Matt said she looked like a ninja all in black before putting on her dress. This little ninja has such a determined little spirit. 
Matthew officially gave this ukulele to Emma and his travel guitar to Caleb because she wants it all the time. One day this traveling musician was headed to the door with it and a suitcase. Caleb stopped her and convinced her to join the band here. I does get quite lively around here!

No comments: