After returning home from the beach and realizing the summer was on the brink of coming to an end, I started checking off a few projects I've been wanting to do.
My first project was giving our swing a facelift. It was in dyer need of new cushions and if you've checked the prices, you know that you might as well buy a whole new swing. I think I bought this swing a few more years of life!
The poor swing started like this. Even turning the cushions over wasn't cutting it anymore.
For the seats I used a fabric shower curtain and table cloth for the pillows both from Target. A plus is that there is already a hem so if you fold the fabric like a present just right the hem is what shows. Yes, I hand stitched. Remember my patience is for children not inanimate objects like sewing machines. My favorite projects were souvenir picture frames. I used the shells we gathered on the beach to cover a picture frame that looked so cute that I ended up doing another. Now I just need to add my favorite beach picture so it won't just my Facebook profile pic but proudly displayed to see and remember our trip.
I started with a wooden 4x6 frame and sanded with a nail file. Yes, my husband has sand paper but I was too anxious to get this project started to wait. I did this while boiling and bleaching the shells. I sparingly smeared a little cream paint for a little more distressed look. I started with the largest shell in the middle and then the four corners. On the second frame I completely covered in white shells not showing any of the frame. A couple hot glue burns but well worth it!
I started with a wooden 4x6 frame and sanded with a nail file. Yes, my husband has sand paper but I was too anxious to get this project started to wait. I did this while boiling and bleaching the shells. I sparingly smeared a little cream paint for a little more distressed look. I started with the largest shell in the middle and then the four corners. On the second frame I completely covered in white shells not showing any of the frame. A couple hot glue burns but well worth it!
I saw a super cute picture frame with fabric and cork used as a jewelry organizer so the bulletin boards that once hung in the office at our old house got a new purpose. I had already added the ribbon with coins we've collected from our travels. Since they are hanging on my closet wall, I couldn't justify buying a picture frame, cork, and fabric but clear thumb tacks were enough to get my tangled mess looking good. Colossians 3:14 is typed and at the top to remind me what to put on above all...love.



No comments:
Post a Comment