Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer's End

 As we move into August, I know that the close of summer is near. Although we hang on to it even after school has started by still enjoying the pool it is the end of lazy days together. The big difference this year is that Caleb will be returning with me. I can't believe this sweet little boy is big enough to be in kindergarten. He is so excited carrying his backpack around everywhere. It will be a very new experience for him. This will be only one of the big transitions for our family. Emma Katherine starts preschool the same week that Clayton is due. It will be a busy time with lots of changes. I pray for smooth transitions knowing that it is mostly for me as my kiddos embrace change so much better than I do.
I have been blessed with amazing weather. These two had a few smiles before enjoying dinner on the patio.

One of the biggest changes for Emma Katherine has been moving to her big girl room and bed. Occasionally I find Caleb crawled up in bed with her. It is so precious and he is such a good big brother.
Even though I started back to school, we still pretended like it was summer. The Beardsleys joined us for swimming. I love watching these kiddos play and the smiles on their faces.





My kids love their flour sandbox and Savannah agreed. These two were especially precious to watch together. Such pretty girls!
 We played together in celebration of a dear sweet family who is moving away. We will sure miss the McKinney family.

The kids love the bright UP hats from Uncle Tim and we've spent lots of time on the trampoline.

No comments: