Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hello from Room 28!

First off...

1) Yes, it IS 5:30 in the AM on Thanksgiving
2) Yes, we have had VERY little sleep (if all)

Well, as you read how our little Caleb's lease was up this last Friday and how the little turkey was holding on in hopes of some Thanksgiving lunch, let me just say that we are NOT on our time, but God's.

Christy started having REAL contractions, the ones that make her face squirm with pain, Wednesday night around 11 PM. They started out at 30 minutes apart, then to 20 minutes...10...7...then started averaging every 5 minutes (fast forward to 3 AM). After about an hour of this, we made the decision to call the hospital and get a professional opinion as to what needed to happen. They said to come on in and monitor her for an hour before either admitting her or sending us home (which we would be back 12 hours later, anyway). Well, after a quick catnap I awoke to the words printed on the screen "Admit Patient". WOO-HOO!!! WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!!

We got checked into Room 28 at Willow Creek Women's Hospital and hooked Christy up to the machines and had me sign a bunch of forms. I'm so tired, I hope I didn't sign away our life savings. I moved in all of our stuff and well, that's where I am. We may have the baby today or not. Either way, I'm going to sleep and dream of that Thanksgiving feast from AQ! I'll have pictures up later today (with or without baby).

No comments: