Thursday, November 22, 2007

HE'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Well, we made it...all 3 of us!!! Caleb Kenneth King was born at 6 PM (5:56 officially) and weighs in at a beefy 8 lbs. 12 oz. It was a long session of pushing to get him out, but he made it through. Reagan and Kristy Binns were here waiting for us when he came. Mom and Dad came shortly after and Kathryn came not long after. The Mortons and the Coopers also came by, but (like the idiot I am) didn't get any pictures with them. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo-ops in the future, though. Rounding out the evening are Tim and Dawn Beardsley. Dawn is the common thread that brought Christy and I together and we just love them immensely.

Well, it has been a LONG day from the dad's perspective. I'm going to grab a sandwich and some ZZZs.



9 comments:

Paul and Yulia said...

Dear Christy and Matthew,

Congratulations!!! We are so excited and so happy; you are such a wonderful family! We can't wait to meet Caleb soon!

Yulia, Paul, and Lidiya

Jones Family said...

Congratulations!! What a Thanksgiving blessing. We will keep all of you in our prayers during these next few weeks. Love ya, Jennifer and Gary

Anonymous said...

Matthew & Christy,
Congratulations - we are so happy for you! Your lives will be changed forever!! Such a great Thanksgiving present!!
I will show the pictures to Gramma this afternoon!
Love from Greene, Katha, Bob & Nancy, Amy and Gramma

Brenda said...

Christy and Matt,

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! What a blessing he will be in your lives. Justin, Jacob, and I wish you guys the very best as you begin your journey with Caleb!

PD said...

WOW! He is a HEALTHY little guy! He is beautiful and we think he favors his daddy. Congratulations...we'll keep u posted on when our little Jacob arrives.

Love 2 you both,
Lance & Paula DeBaugh

Ryan said...

"Mom and Dad came shortly"

You're going to have to start being more specific, since "Mom and Dad" can describe you guys now!

Best of all, little Caleb is obviously good luck, since the Razorbacks are undefeated in his lifetime! ;-)

Bev Worley said...

Bless God, Christy and Matthew! I am so excited to hear of Caleb's safe arrival. Thanks for the pics! He's beautiful. I went to the Razorback/LSU game just for you guys and well...what can I say! Caleb has a historical entry for his baby book! Can't wait to see you guys. In His love, Bev Worley UBC

John Mueller said...

Hey Matthew & Christy,

How incredible! Caleb is such a wonderful gift. Congratulations! I pray that he will bring you much joy and you pour Christ into Him. I look forward to seeing him.

Blessings,
John at UBC

Just Us... said...

Congratulations, what a wonderful event and present from God. I was thinking about you all day Friday, secretly I was praying that Garrett would get here on his official due date and maybe Caleb and he would be able to share the day. Well lets say no he has not come. Anyways, the play by play from Matt was great. Thanks for keeping me informed. Best wishing for a quick recovery and as many hours of sleep as you can get. Love ya,
Dayna