
Now seven months old, Emma Katherine becomes prettier and sweeter every month. I love the way she smiles with her entire face. She entertains with her arm flapping and boisterous babbling. And if that's not enough, she'll melt your heart with her cuddles.

Emma just moved to the Sheep class at church where she can get down on the floor and learn to move. She rolls all around and makes the rounds in her crib, but hasn't found that pastures are green enough to start crawling. Maybe because she is number two, but this is okay with me. I'm in no hurry for her to grow up. It was sad enough to graduate from swaddlers.

Emma is a little more accepting of her oatmeal, but prefers it during the day. These alert little eyes don't want to miss a beat and she enjoys being held so she can see everything.

What a sweet little girl!


Love these words to sum up how blessed I am:
You little one are mommy's heart
I knew it right from the start
the way you hold my finger tight,
when we're alone late at night.
When I cradle you in my arm
you smile and show all your charm.
Then you drift off to sleep
sometimes I can’t help but weep,
how lucky I have become
to actually be God's chosen one.
To have and hold a child like you
now life seems too good to be true.
So I look up at the sky so blue
and thank the heavens for giving me you!

No comments:
Post a Comment