Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus Parties!

Tuesday December 19th was a busy day! I started by watching over 500 children receive more food, clothing and toys than their little arms could hold. This is always one of my favorite days of the school year and a blessing to watch a lot of hard work culminate with sweet smiles on little faces. I was overwhelmed with the community support we received this year.
Soon after this excitement was over, I headed over to Caleb's school Christmas party. We decorated cookies, 
made door hangers together, 

and made a batch of reindeer food. 

I love to watch how Caleb interacts with his friends at school,  sits with his friends praying together before eating and allowing him to show me his favorite things to do while there (computers and driving the cars...his Daddy's child? Hmmm?).
Emma Katherine fits right in every time she goes. She loves to sit in this chair and play with the baby dolls.
We are so thankful for Ms. Tarsy who loves on and and has taught Caleb so much. He didn't want to leave until she had gotten to open her present.
After the party, I took 70 kids to the Senior center for lunch and to play beanbag baseball with the senior adults. They beat us and we're looking forward to a rematch. I was shocked with the amount of students who were able to go because this was an incentive to meet their reading goals. I hope they always highly value spending time with others and was a reminder for me as well. 
That afternoon Caleb joined me at school for our annual sing-a-long. He got a little shy going to the different classrooms delivering gifts with so many people but perked right up when he saw his friend Kaylee Beth was there. Those two had a great time and loved the music.
That evening we actually went with Daddy to SMA because this time it was for a CD release party of their Christmas concert. Matt designed the CD cover art has worked long hours mixing, remixing, and mixing some more. This was the first time I've really listened to his work. Hearing the before and after he worked his magic was amazing. It all sounds amazing and everyone was excited to hear the final product he produced. You can hear it here.  He would never tout his horn but his proud wife sure will!
It was a nonstop day of celebrating! As Caleb said, "Jesus has a big birthday. He has two ones!" (meaning many) He likes to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus all the time and it is such a great opportunity to talk about how all of these special gifts, parties, goodies, and excitement is because of Him.


1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like a very fun and busy time! I love all of the pictures. :)