Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It started as a hobby...

After doing a few wedding shower gifts, I kept getting questions about this etching I was doing. I brought some of my things to school and started getting lots of orders. It's really fun because I love monogrammed things and know these are special gifts for friends. This was the first thing I did and would have been reason enough to purchase my machine. Both kid's footprints are hanging with the Romans 10:15 verse. I have wished since I did Caleb's plate that I could have put his name on his plate like Emma Katherine has on hers, but I painted his and dots were the extent of my ability. 

These vases were really popular for Mother's Day and size is perfect to add a single bunch of flowers. If you were looking for this vase in NWA near that time, I am to blame for clearing out the shelf in all locations! Sorry!
Love Love Love this platter! Happy 9 1/2 years to me!
These pitchers looked so great for friends. I did one for me, but like my vase it sold too.

It is a proven fact (at least in my experiment) that drinking from a fun cup makes you drink more water. 
No more worrying about missing lids or bubble wands not working because the solution level is too low. I can't guarantee that a cute little girl won't intentionally pour out her bottle just to refill, but this has been wonderful in our backyard. 
This wipes container is going in Baby Bernet's Dr. Seuss nursery. 


A friend had done these baking dishes and I thought it was such a great idea. Now there is no question who to return a dish when taking someone a meal. On the side or on the bottom, both look so cute.
I oooed and awed over these glasses so much that I opened my cabinets on my birthday to find a set of my own. Yes my secret is out...Matt is the mastermind behind the graphic design and does a lot of the computer work. He has taught me quite a bit!
Two gallon jar/punch bowl 
The one gallon is a great size too.   
These decanters turned out so well with full monograms on them. They are going to make great groomsmen gifts. 
Caleb helped me with this project by adding the shapes once the art supplies where labeled.
I had one of these made for Emma when she was  born and now I'm excited to get to do them for other precious little ones. Before arrival, I place Colossians 1:9 verse on the block, my prayer for Emma Katherine since before she arrived, which can be replaced with a picture.
The picture doesn't do this little guy justice but the blocks do look so cute with a sweet pictures. I'm hoping for a good family beach picture from this summer for a family block and add a little sand and shells inside.
I have done lots and lots of bags with letters, monograms, last names, first names and even a favorite team! Hope they are getting a lot of pool use this summer. I know mine is! 


This is a bag for my nephew. During my sister's last visit, she helped me make lots of fun things.


 Emma Katherine loves to see the letters in her name and loves her mirror, so it got a makeover and she really enjoys looking in it now. 

My cereal dispenser I use for a trashcan in the car even got a cute new look. 
 One of latest things was a Christmas project. My merry mail Christmas card holder turned out so well and I can't wait for us to get to use it this December.
Don't worry, I won't be hounding anyone to buy anything or trying to monogram everything you own and the thought of direct sales makes me nauseous. However, I've been getting lots of questions so I thought I'd put some pictures here of some things I've done. Thanks for looking because I had fun making.
Things I've made so far: bags $10, vases $15, pitchers $25, picture blocks $25, baking dish $25 or 3 nesting dishes for $50,  1 or 2 gallon jars $30, Bubble refill $15, these cups $10, platter with full monogram $25 or single letter for $20 and most anything glass you have/find (like the decanters or dishes you already own) for $10 per etch.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I had no idea you did this! Very nice! I may be calling you. I love the dishes etched. And the picture blocks are so cool. Wow! You are a talented lady!