Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting in the Beach Groove

Mornings were for beach walking and playing. With no one out, freshly grated sand, and cooler temperatures it was the perfect time to enjoy the sand.
KINGS 2011I guess Caleb decided my 'I' need dotting.
This little guy could have played and run in the sand all day. His swim shirt may have said beach bum but he sure was nonstop in the sand.This is one of my trip favorites. A precious moment captured forever!
We quickly figured out the best plan for the beach. We started early at the beach, then hopped between the several pools taking advantage of some shade and cooler temperatures. Then it was up for lunch and naps. An early dinner out made for shorter waits and ample time to go back out to the beach in the evening. I took advantage of nap time to enjoy a good book on the balcony with the background sounds of the waves. Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo was such a treat to read and deepened my gratefulness of this special family time. It was a great reminder of how in awe I am to see God working in our lives and others, acknowledging HIS fingerprints throughout.
My two early morning beach buddies became mid-morning pool pals.
Look there's another pool down there!
Caleb has become such a little swimmer showing so much independence this year and Emma Katherine is quite the water baby also.
With fountains to run through, zero entry, heated indoor, kiddie wading pool with a mushroom waterfall, there was definitely something for everyone. I think this was Caleb's hardest decision the entire trip so at one point I sat on the edge of the infinity pool and watched him go back and forth.Not always crazy about floating on her back but otherwise doing great with her first swimming lessons. Caleb discovered one of the advantages of an ocean front place was enjoying the waves and eating PB&J in nothing but undies. Different strokes... Emma liked lounging. Gotta love a girl who appreciates a good view! This is a groove that all of us could enjoy.

1 comment:

Reba said...

That is pretty much our routine too at the beach. A wonderful way to spend some of the summer, isn't it? I LOVE all of the pictures.