Sunday, June 24, 2012

Busy Busy!


 I've really been trying have fun with our time home together and stay busy. We made moon sand out of flour and baby oil. It was such a big hit! Except for a short break to eat his lunch, he spent three hours straight playing right here.

A toast-n-toons breakfast is a great way to start the day especially perched on the counter!

 We brought out the shaving cream and made a track for Caleb's matchbox cars. Emma Katherine wasn't so sure about it.

 Surprisingly the shaving cream didn't last very long until I heard requests to get the sand back out. Just like his mommy is at restaurants, he sticks to what he likes! This time they sat it in the grass and Emma Katherine really got into the fun.

I came across this by accident but so glad I did. With so much time together, we were in need of some help in remembering to use nice kinds words. Not only did I find Proverbs 15:1 put to music but also found an entire curriculum of foundational verses posted called Raising Rockstars posted online with most everything being free. Like they suggested, we put everything into a binder and Caleb loves to read his book. I'm not ashamed to admit the tunes have helped me remember too.


Matt had an early Father's Day! Despite Caleb's lack of desire to spend much time coloring, I wanted Caleb to create something that he could be proud and show him that with a little determination (and encouragement) he could. He decided on a firetruck. We drew the shape for each picture and really stuck with coloring in each. I got an early start because I thought it would take a week with his attention span. Nope! It was done in just a few hours and could only contain his excitement until the next day. We had also worked on a letter of questions Caleb answered about Matt to give him with the picture. Caleb was eager to tell him about each part of the picture. You can tell by the look on his face how funny the letter really was.

Emma Katherine is always up for a concert. If you turn on music and give her a microphone or a stand, she immediately starts belting.
It only took one day in the sun to create our letter matching board and actually Emma is the one who really enjoys playing it. Of course her favorite letters are E-Mmm-Mmm-A!
On a recent trip to the Farmer's Market, we found the humane society with several dogs for adoption. They had just taken away a group of puppies. Emma Katherine sat right here for 1/2 hour talking to them. I think she was definitely ready to take one home.

No comments: